Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Looks like we're a flippin'

So....

Steve is with our partner at the realty office right now.... putting another offer on this:

http://www.centraloregonrealtors.com/results/dsp_residential.cfm?fuseaction=showdetails&ln=2616377&query=fuseaction%3Dresults%26display%3Dall%26startrow%3D11

I went in for a tour myself on Monday... and seriously, my eyes were buggin' the whole time... it really needs a lot of work. But Steve said that's why it would make the best flip! It's in a great location, on a big lot... but wowee. You know where we'll be this summer! ACK! They hope to have it finished in 4 months.... which isn't a lot of time, considering Steve and Dan's work schedule. They are on the same shift so will make an awesome partnership.

One major problem is the floors. There are some big beautiful trees on the property that have, unfortunately, wreaked havoc on the floors. It's like walking on ocean waves when you are in that house.

Another major issue? No master bedroom. There are three bedrooms and two baths, but no bedroom seems to be the Master. And there's no laundry room either. So, another major renovation will be to move a bathroom to make a Master Bath and add a utility room.

All I can say is wowee. Obviously, I know nothing about doing any of this. But I'll be on the sidelines, cheering the boys on. It sure would be nice to pay for the rest of my downstairs renovation with cash. But geez. As they say, the cobbler's kids have no shoes. Looks like my downstairs will have to wait. LONGER. That's my only hangup about this whole thing.

So. Wish us luck! We shall find out soon if we are going to be really busy this summer.

3 Comments:

At June 07, 2007 9:14 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Wow, what a great adventure! You are gonna be BUSY! Have you started all paperwork, had the prelim inspections done yet? Scary, but with the market as it's been you are gonna have your downstairs all done with a bundle in the bank in NO time! YAY!

 
At June 07, 2007 9:24 AM, Blogger alyca said...

Good luck in this!! I wish housing was that affordable here, but then again, we are not the master tilers and wouldn't be able to do much to fix it up.

 
At June 07, 2007 1:43 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

"Housing was that affordable"

Blech.

I just threw up a little. In my mouth. But I'll get over it. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home