Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Me. Again.

I was looking through pictures for a project I am working on, and came across this one, fresh from the camera. Steve took this while I was at work last week. It was such a beautiful, pleasant surprise... I love it when he does that.

I just can't stop staring at this photo. When I first look at it, all I can think is, ohmygosh, she's Gorgeous! What a beautiful girl. What a great smile she has here. And she's looking right at the camera.... and it's in focus, and I love the composition... on and on and on and on and on... until it hits me.

Payton looks just like me.

I can't stop staring at this photo. I'm not sure why that makes me want to cry, but it is such a surreal feeling, looking at myself, as a small child. I know I have been a mother for a few years now, but staring at this photo makes me feel the enormity of my job as her mama, and the opportunity that being so allows. I have a chance to do for my babies what I always wanted, hoped, dreamed for myself as a child. I will be able to watch someone who looks just like me grow up in a completely different environment, and I'll get to see what kind of person she'll grow up to be. It's like turning back time and being a fly on a wall in a dream, or something. Don't get me wrong, I love Morgan too, so much so that my heart often feels like it might explode, or something.... but this is the first time I've really seen ME in my girls. Morgan is such a blend of both of us. I don't see a lick of Steve in PJ at all. Just me. That's just amazing to me.

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2007 7:21 AM, Blogger alyca said...

I keep telling you that you guys are twins! Especially when she makes a big cheesy grin that shows her teeth. I totally see you!

 
At May 10, 2007 11:25 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

What a great shot! Yes, you've had a "mini-me" for, oh... a YEAR now. Good that you see it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home