Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A camping at the beach... we did go!



























Yahooie! We've been having a blast at the beach! I've been wanting to take my girls to the beach all summer... Morgan loves it so much and I really wanted PJ to experience it this summer when she can walk. Steve had already scheduled a vacation day for last week expecting to camp, so we decided to do both and grabbed our dear friends the Hagan's and headed to the coast. It seemed as if EVERY campground on the Oregon Coast was full, but we managed to snag the last two spots at a campground just 7 miles inland from Tillamook. It ended up being ideal! It was along the Kilchis river which was slow moving and deep enough to swim, and was only a short drive to the beach. We set up camp, took the camper off, and played, and played. The girls had a blast! Payton did just as Morgan did when she was her age, and darted in and in the ocean. We'd grab her, set her up on the beach, and she'd run right in the surf, where Morgan already was. The weather was perfect, in the low 70's, which is great for the Oregon Coast, and while it was a little windy on the second day, it was still quite fabulous! I wish we could have stayed longer.

I didn't take as many photos as I usually do. I kept worrying about sand getting in my camera, and decided it was also more fun to play with the family than to observe them behind the lens.

On the road there, our camper took an 8 second ride on these rolling bumps we weren't prepared to hit, so our next camping trip, to Big Lake over Labor Day weekend, will probably be it's last for the family. Next year? A trailer baby! A big 'un! That'll be fabulous. We love taking the kids and experiencing the outdoors. Such a fun family time. And they enjoy themselves so much! So relaxing and refreshing. So nice to get away from home and all the drama.

Now we are back and recharged. What's next? The FAIR! And Morgan can go on a lot of the rides! I hope PJ doesn't really notice! Next year, girl, next year.




On another note, I'm teaching a layout class at my scrapbook store on Thursday. I'm really excited about it! I love this craft! Here's my two layouts for the class:










2 Comments:

At August 01, 2007 2:08 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Oh, the weather looks *perfect* out there. What exactly was the damage to the camper? Did it come OFF the truck, or just bounce a bit too much??

 
At August 01, 2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

NO. Oh my gosh, it would have broken into little tiny pieces if it had fallen off! No. It just bounced against the truck a few times and became a little unsettled. It had been damaged previously when we bought it for $1000, and was 20+ years old already, so it's just falling apart. It's just time for an upgrade and more room!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home