Sunday, April 15, 2007

First Friends


My newest layout! I scrapped this photo back in the beginning of my obsession, but thought it was time to do it again because I like it so much. This is June 2005, camping at Paulina.... and this is Rylee and Morgan holding Krysta's hands as she's learning to walk, and this shot was taken milliseconds before she took a tumble. I love it. Morgan's first friends. Her first girlfriends. Super cute!
Details:
chipboard title
Hambly screenprint frame over the photo (white) and then a green rubon fluorish over the screenprint
the pink flowers were made with a flower dingbat that was downloaded from the internet and printed on the backside of my paper
the green scalloped "grass" is the reverse of the floral patterned paper that I trimmed off the top
:)


2 Comments:

At April 16, 2007 8:00 AM, Blogger alyca said...

Cool...

Hey-I tried doing some stitching and managed to mangle my paper. What sort of thread and how big a needle do you use?? I think my holes were too close together AND my needle was too fat. I had a lovely swirl that is now garbage

 
At April 16, 2007 10:16 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

I use 3 strands of floss and a fairly fat needle. Space your stitches about 1/4 inch apart, a little narrower around curves, but you can't make your curves too tight or you will mangle your paper. Also... it's paper. You don't need to pull too tight.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home