Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Doc

Went to the doctor today. Healthy as a horse, about the same size..... gained 4 pounds, no gestational diabetes or anemia.... and we did an impromptu ultrasound of sorts because the doc needed to check the position of the placenta, which is off to the left. In doing so, I asked what we were looking at, and then out of nowhere, a FACE popped up on the screen.... looking right at me! However, by the time he got it again where he could print the picture, it was never the same.... the umbilical cord and a little hand kept getting in the way, along with the placenta... so, alas, this is the best pic we could take home:

The baby is looking right at you. You can see it's left eye and it's nose, the mouth, and the jawline... but it's such a bummer I didn't get that first shot. There's a baby in there! Who is it?

I'm now on the homestretch. Next visit.... 2 weeks! Only a few visits left and then we get to meet this little booger, who's positioned as they should.... Morgan, you stinker! It's cool to know for sure what I'm feeling. All this time I thought it was a bum... but it was actually a HEAD making the lump on my left side! Good to know! Steve and I were giving it high fives last night as it did it's normal aerobics class while I was TRYING to watch LOST!



1 Comments:

At February 16, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I am randomly commenting here but that is an awesome ultrasound picture. I've never seen anything like that and I've had a few ultrasounds myself. Anyway good luck with the rest of your pregnancy I can't imagine not finding out what it is you must be so anxious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home