Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Kid's Room


Okay, here's my theme! This is the Kidsline Clover Fields room. It is my inspiration, and I am drawing from it to create a wonderful kids room that will cater to a girl/girl, or a girl/boy. I have the growth chart, the switch plate, and the photo frame on the way. Everything is so expensive! I want the dust ruffle, but the way my crib works, it gets hindered, so I will continue to use the sage green ruffle I already own, as well as the sage green bumper. I also already have butter yellow sheets.... I like the lamp, and may get that later, but at this point, don't need a lamp. It's something that Morgan would just knock over, and there isn't really room for it anyway. I like the border, but am not using the border. I would love the valance though... but would need 4, and they are expensive. I am incorporating the flowers from this:


















I have already painted them on the wall above the "fields" that look just like the one in Morgan's other room. I also have rubon dragonfly and butterflies that I am putting amongst the flowers, and I am going to ask Aunt Ardena to paint some sheep on veneer, so that she can do it at her own pace, and I can move them if and when we rearrange the room. Hopefully she's game! Mom is making butter yellow roman shades, and may do some of her famous window box valances... which would be great for knick knacks... but I'm not sure about the window that's behind the top bunk..... so I'm still thinking about it. I guess it would be fine.. I'm already going to have curtains, and as long as they were securely fastened.....

This theme is perfect. Morgan already has a few sheep stuffed animals... look at her ticker!..... I call her lambchop and my little lamb...... and I call the baby Bunny, so this is a great "farm" theme! Perfect! The colors go great with what I've already done! If this little bundle is a girl, I won't even need to do much to make it a more girly space... and if it's a boy, well, I still won't have to! Maybe I'll add frogs to the blankie that I make.

So there. Adorable!

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2006 6:33 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Very nice! And the pattern is easy enough to paint onto the wall.. very fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home