Monday, January 23, 2006

The "Davinie Era"

Egads. Today marks the 10 year anniversary of the "Davinie Era". That's the phrase Steve likes to coin when he refers to our time together. Now, in order to come up with stories that happened with his friends, etc., he has to go 10 years back in order to get behind the "Davinie Era". I can't believe we've been together that long. Look at all we've done! Accomplished! We've now been married almost 5 1/2 years, have a 2 YeAR OLD (Still can't get used to saying that), and have another member of our precious family on the way, in just 13 weeks. What a life. How scary and exciting. We've been having fun. I sure lucked out with a great man. I hope the next decade of the "Davinie Era" is just as exciting as the last.

7 Comments:

At January 24, 2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Yeah, we don't hit the big 1-0 till July 28th.. but it really IS weird to think about.. I mean, 10 years is a long time... yet when I think back, it seemed like I was in Highschool Forever.. and that was only 4 years!

 
At January 24, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger alyca said...

If we do eras, I suppose our decade mark has come and gone. I met Ethan on our first day together at Linfield, when they had a scavenger hunt for all the freshmen to get to know where things were on campus (We were on the same team). So, we first met August 21, 1995. That makes it currently 10 years 5 months and 3 days that we have known each other.....

 
At January 24, 2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Steve and I actually met on New Years Eve 1995. We just didn't start dating until the 23rd. You two got lucky, and married your first dates!

 
At January 24, 2006 4:01 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Not sure when we first met.. the the accident was June 26th.. but I had seen him before, we just hand't spent a lot of time together hanging out... Yes, there is something to be said for marrying your first love..

 
At January 24, 2006 6:06 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Yep....pretty unique to have married your first/only kiss, etc. But the way I am, I couldn't IMAGINE kissing someone else, or getting to know someone romantically. I would have no idea how to do such things. So glad I never really had to learn!

 
At January 24, 2006 7:17 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

*snicker* don't forget the bus guy.... I tease. I'm no one to talk....

 
At January 25, 2006 9:06 AM, Blogger alyca said...

Nope, doesn't count......what happens on a Greyhound STAYS on a Greyhound......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home