Wednesday, February 23, 2005

In.... the bedroom

We are renovating the bedroom! Time to make it more becoming. The frame we got when we purchased our California King is low enough that only the box containing my wedding dress will fit underneath it. With our Queen, Cooper was able to sleep underneath the bed, which he prefers. Now he wedges as much of his tired body as he can along the edges, depositing strips of hair along the bottom of our tired dust ruffle.

We went to Lowe's and purchased complementary shades of green paint. Last night Steve painted below where a high chair rail will be affixed around the room. Our ceilings are so high I didn't want to pattern a design that forced us to extract the tall ladders from the bowel's of his parent's shop, so came up with an alternative that would flatter the room design. Anyway, he painted the green last night, is going to paint the 4" chair rail white to match the existing baseboards, and is going to leave the upper portions of the wall the off-white color they are now.

Then he is going to take the closet doors we purchased, do a faux antique rub of a different shade of green, attach crown moulding around the top, and call it a head board. Somehow, he will then fashion something to lift our bed up, so that it will all be proportional and I will have back my needed storage space underneath the bed.

Currently we have a TV in our room on Steve's dresser. He is going to attach an L bracket in the corner of the wall behind it, so the TV is up and tucked out of the way. He is also going to make a little box in the corner of the wall, so that we can hide the cords. It won't look like a motel in there, and we will be able to decorate the top of his dresser. I am going to paint my dresser in the same green as the headboard, and we might change the end tables too. I don't want too much green however.

In the parking lot of Lowe's, after the paint was purchased, I changed my mind and wished I had purchased a taupe color, as the rest of my house is already green, but all of the shades are different, and they all match each other, so it is okay. In my next house I will mix up the colors better.

Anyway, that's what's happening now. I am currently working on a scrapbo0k project, and my stained glass project, as class is almost done, but that's about it for the crafts. My birthday is on Saturday, so Morgan is going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, because I want to go to dinner and a movie. It's been more than a year since we've done that. The problem is that there are actually several movies out that I would be interested in seeing. Now I need to decide which blockbuster to visit..... Hitch, The Wedding Date, The Aviator, Finding Neverland, Hotel Rwanda, Meet the Fockers, Ray..... all of them interest me. We'll see what movie wins! Steve will sit next to me in the theater I choose, so I don't have to eliminate the "chick flicks". That almost makes the choice more difficult!

4 Comments:

At February 23, 2005 9:56 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Your room sounds so fun! It will be great to see the change on our next visit down!

 
At February 23, 2005 1:50 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Hitch is funny. It has the guy from King of Queens in it. Very cute. Ethan enjoyed it, too, and he is not usually much up for chick flicks.

 
At February 23, 2005 3:50 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Be sure to post pictures!

 
At February 27, 2005 4:41 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Hay, did you get your bedroom done? Have any pictures?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home