Friday, February 18, 2005

After the poo

Well, it turns out that the poopydoo was just the beginning of the flu. My poor little lamb! Nothing worse than when there is nothing you can do to make them feel better. Poor thing hasn't eaten in 3 days! She's had nothing but the trots, and saved the projectile vomiting for the evenings when she was cuddled up to mom and dad. What an experience that was! One good thing that came from it was the fact that she'd cuddle with us when we were sitting down. She normally wants us to stand there. She even watched a little boob tube with us, and she doesn't normally do that either. Just Sesame Street, sometimes. Or a Baby Einstein video. But today, my girlfriend's back, and she ate some breakfast, doesn't have a fever, and has been on the roam in the house. I am so glad!

I did go to my stained glass class last night. I am so glad my coworkers harassed me into signing up. It's good for me to get out of the house, and I think Steve enjoys his alone time with Morgan, doing dinner, bath time and putting her to bed. She normally does bath time with mama, and I think she too likes the change.

We are on the verge of a change for my little one as well. In the middle of the night the other day, when she woke up, I went in and she was standing there, doing her drink sign, saying "dee, DEE!" Drink! She's on the verge of words. This morning when I went in, she said "hi", all chipper, as if she's always done that. It's so cute! So far, she does mama, daddy, Bah (balloon), Pah (Cooper?) - don't think it's Papa yet ( :) ) - and dee (drink). She says them in a high pitched voice, so sometimes I am not sure if she's actually speaking, or just singing. But she's doing better with communication. She keeps using her drink sign for everything, but we are working on making her do the eat, more, drink, banana, please, thank you, and bath signs. I think that's it for now. Oh, and the other day, I was trying, "what does a snake say?", "ssssss". "What does a puppy say? Ruff ruff!" I like the snake one, becuase it's the one she's most interested in. She's played along a couple of times. So we are working on it. I am thinking it will help with her speech. Anyway, a lot of fun, that.

We are still on the hunt for property, but it's such a hard decision. Do we go with something reasonably priced for Matt and Sabrina to live in, or do we go with the property and build? Will purchasing another home for them hamper our ability to get into something for ourselves? Do we try and find another deal with a home on acreage, and build at a later date? The problem with that one being a down payment. For a construction loan, you can almost get away with nothing down. And what about Steve's dad? We want to use his contractor's license, but he's in his late 60's. He won't be around forever! We don't know what to do. And then, a very helpful lender called today and wants Steve to call her the first part of next week. She said having the structure on the Frank Way property was a negative, and that she thinks we can get into more than what we think. But if I build my dream house right away, that could be a big cost. Do we go for a bigger house, and then do the dream house later? We just don't know what the right decision is. Do we have Sabrina and Matt wait until we get our next house, and then move them in the Nickernut house? We really want to help them get on their feet. I just don't know......

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Oh!! No fun being sick! I'm glad she's feeling better..
You buy the property that is best going to suit YOU, and if it helps us as well, then GREAT!! BONUS!! but don't give up YOUR future to help with OURS, K? We love you

 
At February 18, 2005 9:31 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

How FUN that she's babbling now!! words!! just like a real little girl!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home