Monday, February 21, 2005

Pukey poo

Note to self. 13 months is too young for any carbonated drinks.

Morgan and I were running errands on Saturday, so I stopped at McDonalds for some chicken nuggets, fries and a hi-c drink so that I could stop and get the car serviced and she wouldn't fuss. She didn't. She enjoyed her lunch.

Then, that evening, we went over to Ryan and Nicole's, the Karjala's for a barbecue with some friends. I was standing there, had barely finished telling stories about the flu earlier in the week, and Morgan was drinking from her sippy cup. Suddenly she started coughing like water had gone down the wrong pipe, so I patted her back and mentioned that theory outloud. Then she did a little sound, and I suddenly feared the worst. Yep, it happened. She projectile vomited all over the place. I heard the SPLAT as it hit the dining room chair and hit the floor. Of course, I tried to deflect it, so most of it landed on me. Unfortunately, it scared her a little, and combined with the fact that some of it had come out of her nose, which can't feel good, she started crying. I was horrified, mortified, and felt so bad for her. I took her jacket and shirt off, and then passed her on to her daddy so I could change my own shirt (I had to borrow one of Nicole's). When I came downstairs, Steve had taken her outside, because he felt like she was going to do it again.

Morgan wanted her mama, so I held her and patted her back, hoping to help dislodge anything else she had. She started gagging again, puked a little, and did one of those deep 3 second belches, which echoed throughout the Karjala's neighborhood. My poor little lambchop!

We would have felt really whisky tango if we'd just cleaned her off and stayed to drink beer and have some dinner, so we left. It wasn't until we were halfway home that I surmised what may have caused her tummy to be upset. I don't think it was the flu, because she hadn't puked in 3 days and her fever had broken and she'd started eating again. That's why I think it was the Mc.

We ended up stopping at Jody's for a hamburger and rented a movie. Little Black Book. Wasn't very good. Morgan vomited in her sleep once, we washed everything, including her, again, and she was fine the rest of the night. She was fine Sunday and today as well, so I think the worst is behind us.

I think the embarrassing part for me was that we were with two couples who didn't have any kids. They don't know where we are coming from. If we'd been at the Hagan's, Eric and Marci and sweet little Krysta's house, it would have been fine. But if you don't have any children, you don't know ANYTHING about being a parent, so you wouldn't understand. It makes a difference.

Anyway, that was our fun on Saturday.

On Sunday was the Daytona 500. I like watching Nascar because you don't have to pay attention at all. I can do housework, read a book, play with Morgan, eat some lunch, and I can come back and see where we are. If any exciting had happened, they will replay the wreck, pass, etc. Steve is on some fantasy betting circuit, but he and I did one of our own, and I beat him. He he he. That's always nice. :) Other than that, it was a nice and peaceful day at home with my family.

Morgan recently got a replacement Learning Home. The other one she had stopped working, and of course I had previously thrown out the box, so we had no way of returning it. But we just phoned Fisher-Price, they sent a prepaid call tag, we took it apart and boxed it up as well as we could, and less than 3 weeks later, another house arrived at our door. Perfect! Steve set it up yesterday, and Morgan hasn't stopped playing with it. What a difference 2 months make! She is so much more aware of what to do with it now! Especially now that it makes noise. That was a good buy!

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2005 4:27 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

It's good to have stories to torture her with when she is 17 and dating the Karjala's Future son..

 
At February 22, 2005 8:06 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Egads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home