Sunday, January 01, 2006


I entered this layout to a contest for home/house pages - unfortunately, it wasn't until I went to submit that I saw the deadline was 12/30 and not 12/31, but hopefully the company didn't think about there being 31 days in December???? Not likely, which makes me a little bummed because I think it actually turned out quite well. I have been thinking about how I wanted to do it, just got my supplies the other day, and whipped it out in 1 1/2 hours while Morgan was napping before we went to town yesterday. I think the yellows really bring out the "fabulous" color of our fixer-upper, and the reds really go well with it. Plus, that key is an actual house key for this house, which I also felt was kinda neat. Who knows, maybe 50 years from now we'll be laughing about the keys we used in the "old days". Anyway, wanted to post a pic of the casa. :)

6 Comments:

At January 03, 2006 2:04 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Ethan is saddened by your key and the lock it goes with. Please have Steve measure the thickness of the door and distance from the edge of the door so we can help you out.

 
At January 03, 2006 2:11 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

hahahahaha. We will do this after we purchase a new front door. It's on the list. :)

 
At January 03, 2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Is it already the "old days"?

 
At January 03, 2006 4:42 PM, Blogger alyca said...

old days??

 
At January 03, 2006 4:44 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Oh...nevermind, I get it. No, those keys are used a lot, but Ethan looks at them with a sneer on his face. It won't do to have your brother-in-law looking at your locks with a sneer, so we better get you something high security. Unbreakable and unpickable.

 
At January 03, 2006 5:02 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

No, we can't have that. We'll be sending measurements as soon as we get that new door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home