Friday, December 23, 2005

22 weeks and 8 pounds

How your baby's growing: Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn, checking in at 10.9 inches and almost 1 pound. Her skin will continue to appear wrinkled until she gains enough weight to fill it out, and the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her head and body is now visible. Her lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath her gum line. Her eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and her pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily.

Morgan and I went to my next appointment again on Wednesday. And again..... seems like I was just there! I felt like I had doubled in size, and it turns out, I kinda did. I gained 8 pounds since last month! Egads! It's been one here, two there, but now EIGHT! I thought everything was getting heavy! Steve needs to get that darn bathroom done asap!

We went over the ultrasound, and everything looks good. They weren't able to get an assessment of the spine, because of the way the baby was positioned, but they way this little one is bouncing all over the place, I'm sure it's doing fine. Baby's heart rate was 150, and beating strong. Morgan's eyes lit up when she heard the heartbeat and I told her it was the baby.

I can't wait!

2 Comments:

At December 23, 2005 5:21 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Does she kind of understand the concept of baby in mamas belly?

 
At December 23, 2005 9:33 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

I have our ultrasound photo as a wallpaper,and she'll point to it and say "baby in mama's belly", but I don't know that she really knows. We've been talking about it a lot, because it is affecting the way I hold her at story time, and she tends to hurtle herself straight for my belly when she wants to sit on my lap, so I think by the time April gets here, she'll know that something is going on in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home