Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Post VD

I previously started a blog, deleted it, and have now decided to give it another try. As this is my online journal, I am being gracious in allowing you to read it. However, I am speaking my mind, and not to you directly, so if you have anything negative to say, and have to spend a lot of time trying to come up with something non-confrontational, stuff it up your pipe, because it probably isn't something that should be said in the first place. Alrighty?

Steve got up early yesterday and set out my Valentine's surprise, a dozen red roses and a bag full of goodies. I love Arnold Palmer's (1/2 lemonade, 1/2 ice tea) and he happened to find them in 24 ounce cans, so he got me a few. I thought that was sweet. It shows he's paying attention to my likes! Morgan got me those heart candies with the sayings. I let her carry it around all day, because she likes to shake the box.

I got Steve a love token good for a roll in the hay. I thought it was funny and sweet, and he can carry it in his pocket and think of me. Kinda like Alyca and Papa and the special rock. I also made him a nice dinner, and we opened a bottle of wine after Morgan went to bed at 7. It was nice to have a peaceful dinner alone.

I had Steve stop at the grocery store earlier and pick up Morgan a balloon for her Valentine's gift. I guess, besides "baby", her first words are "mama", "dadda", and "buh" for balloon. She's loved them since her birthday, and will run around with it all day. She notices them when we are out in public or at the grocery store. I went to Winterfest with Nicole on Saturday, and she noticed one tied to a sign while we were walking around, and mentioned them when we were stopped at a red light next to a car lot. It's pretty cool to see that she's paying attention. No popping so far, thank goodness. Unfortunately, today her VD balloon is looking a little limp, snaking around on the floor with no more oomph, but it served it's purpose.

Today is Sabrina's 25th birthday. Hard to believe she's actually a quarter of a century. Steve and I were talking about how long we've been together. Did you know he's been around since Sabrina was a sophomore in high school? 9+ years. And this year we will have been married 5. It's so nice that the year helps us to remember our anniversary number. 2005. 5. We can never mess up on that!

Steve's parent's came over for brunch on Sunday, and we took them on a tour of our "property." Kathy said I didn't have to go if it was going to make me sad. She's silly. I am okay, I was just in quite the shock on Thursday and Friday. Who knows, though. Maybe "the one" is still out there. Maybe this deal will fall through. It happened to this couple last year. I guess we'll see.

We found another 5 acre parcel with spectacular views, but the price is a little bit high, and it has nothing on it, which defeats the purpose of helping the Merritts. But the price is worth it when you see the view. We'd perch the house on the edge of this canyon, and have the Cascades on one side and a great unobstructive view of Smith Rock on the other. But we're just looking. I just think I'd really like to live in Tetherow Crossing. I like it out there. The lots are big, and it's not that far out of town.

Papa wrote me a nice email about my "little house on the prairie". He was so supportive. That's nice. When it's right, it'll be right. Plus, we really learned a lot these last two weeks, so the next time we'll be faster and know what to do right away.

Well, I had better get back to work. Morgan and I cuddled on the couch for Sesame Street, and now she's down for her first nap. She was being a little clingy this morning, and while that means I don't get a lot of work done, it sure feels nice sometimes. After all, she's the reason I'm here.

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2005 3:45 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Hay, ever think about plopping an older MFG home on some nekkid land? buy the land on a package, and put an older MFG ( 80's ) that is still financable, but dirt cheap. The expensive part will be the water and power, but when you're ready to build " THE BIG HOUSE" in a coupleof years, you already have half the work done, as water and power are already there... just an idea. I'm still hoping that first property falls through with the other guy and you can buy IT.

 
At February 16, 2005 9:10 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

It would cost too much to set something like that up. We'd have to drill a well, get electricity, a concrete slab, as well as purchase a home. The property itself is $150000. Not bad for the view, really. But a little steep for us right now, considering it has nothing on it. I am still crossing my fingers that the Frank Way property falls through. Wishful thinking, I know. But someone has to win the lottery! Let it be me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home