Monday, February 26, 2007

Go Davinie, it's your birthday......

Happy Birthday to me!

Last year.
Stunk.
Stunk bad.
Stunk so bad I wasn't sure if I'd celebrate again.... considered instead cutting February a bit short.

This year........................... MUCH better.

It started on Saturday. Steve came home from work, and had Morgan hand me a card. It said.... be showered and dressed comfortably by 10:30am. Get a swimsuit. Wait for further instructions. I was like.... WHAT! You are only giving me 1 1/2 hours to lose 5 pounds! Why do I need a swimsuit! Where am I going? ACK ACK ACK!

Steve said.... "chill mama. No freaking allowed." Shower and dress, because Jessica is popping by at 10:30, and she's taking you to Eagle Crest... because you are going to the spa.

Yipppppeeeee!

Steve surprised me! He surprised me good! He sent both of us to the spa! We got an herbal wrap, a massage, and facials! Jessica did a lot of babysitting for us a bit ago, and she's going to babysit again next weekend when we go on a date night... and he hooked her up!

I've never had a spa day before. It. Was. Fabulous. I feel bad that I was concerned! But who knew what he was planning!

So that was Saturday. Payton isn't really sleeping..... at all, and as far as I can tell, it's just because of her two front teeth coming through. Anyway, she isn't sleeping, which means I am not sleeping.

Sweet story..... I tried letting her cry it out. Well, after a few minutes, I hear Morgan saying "it's okay Payton. Be quiet. It's okay Payton... a, b, c, d, e, f, g.... " she was singing to her. SO SWEET! I smiled, through my deprivation... went in their room, and Morgan was laying there with her eyes closed.... she was just barely awake. Anyway, it was super cute.

So. Payton not sleeping. The beautiful thing, though, is that, unlike her big sister, while at first she was certainly a mommy's girl, now she's somewhat a daddy's girl... so Steve is able to help me in the middle of the night. I usually take care of her until I just can't peel my eyes open, should she wake up about 4am.... so I gently nudge Steve and tell him it's "his turn".

So. Saturday night I didn't bug him, but got up with her... oh, every five minutes.... all night long. Well, super sweetie that my man is, the next morning when Morgan was up at 6am like clockwork, he took both girls out into the living room... and let me sleep till 9am! that was very, very nice of the boy.

Monday we woke up, did our morning routine, and went to Lowe's and the Scrapbook store. I got a little gift certificate, so I spent it on all the yummy new Fancy Pants and Basic Grey stuff... fabu! That's a great birthday gift! Then we came home... and I had an email from Scrapbook Trends magazine for their July issue. My Beachside layout. Fabulous again!

Then we ate dinner. We got some yummy burgers from Jody's (LOVE Jody's).... and then had some carrott cake with cream cheese frosting! Morgan and Steve made it while I was at the spa on Saturday. There was no evidence, so I wouldn't have known at all.... except that my sweet daughter kept asking me about birthday cakes, so I had a little feeling something was up, but I never found it!

So it ended up being a great birthday! One of the best parts, though.... was that my dear, sweet husband actually took a vacation day, as he was supposed to work today. I didn't ask him to, but that was.... on top.... of the icing on my cake!

We were supposed to go on a date tonight, but Morgan has herself a cold, and we didn't want to hand it off to Jessica, so we are staying home.... instead we are going to go out on Friday night. McMinnimans... we are going to go see the Departed. There's nothing really out, but this one just won for best Picture and best director at the Oscars... and at this restaurant, you can eat and watch the movie, which we haven't done before. I'm looking forward to it!

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2007 7:50 AM, Blogger alyca said...

That is SUCH a sweet story about Morgan comforting Payton. That's the kind of stuff that makes you want to have kids!

Yes, I know that they are cats...but I totally get how Mom always used to say how all she wanted was for her kids to get along and be nice to each other. It warms my heart when they snuggle up together to nap or bathe each other. I can only imagine how much more intense that must be when it is your little babies being so nice to each other.

 
At February 27, 2007 10:03 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Glad you had a happy birthday! The spa sounds fabulious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home