Monday, October 30, 2006

She's 7 months.

Sweet Payton. 7 months. Finally sitting for good. I still might throw a pillow or a boppy behind her just in case, but she falls so gently that she's fine. I finally pulled out the box of baby toys... so she'd have more to play with. More big girl toys. It's going to be hard to come up with a Christmas gift for her.... she has all of Morgan's hand-me-downs... I did already get her a Fisher Price stuffed puppy, that talks to you and tells you colors and such... Morgan didn't have that. I think the only other thing I want for her, but would include both girls... is a CD player/ tape player for their room. I got a CD player for Morgan when she was a baby and always played her Baby Einstein classical music.... but it went south and I haven't replaced it. Soon enough I'm going to have to figure out how to get both girls sleeping in the same room, and I think I want to start with soothing music.... NOT looking forward to that transition.

Payton still doesn't eat well... she acts hungry but I have to force the spoon past her gums. Stinker. She doesn't like peas, barely likes carrotts, and prefers sweet potatoes and squash. She likes bananas for breakfast, but will eat applesauce and pears too. I need to get her some cereal. Not the rice cereal, the gerber cereal. She might like that. And those little snacks... she might like those too. They dissolve easily.. would help with hand/eye coordination.

She's starting to assert herself too. The first 6 months she was this little being in the room that you could set aside when something else was happening... but now she is having NONE of that. She makes her needs/wants known... another independent girl. Lord help us!

She doesn't say anything yet, but she babbles a lot and makes a distinct noise when she's talking to me or wants me to pick her up.

PJ rolls aaaaalllll over the place, too. In fact... last night as I was getting the girls ready for bed, I set her down on her tummy in Morgan's room on her chenile rug. She likes to play with the loops. I was busy getting Morgan to the potty, dressed, teeth brushed, etc., when she started crying out. I went into Morgan's room.... and she was NOWHERE to be seen! And when I found her.... that little stinker had rolled herself UNDER the bunkbed, to the wall. WAY under there. I had to grab a foot to drag her out. Note to self: Youngest daughter is swift. Keep your eye on her.

Looking forward to the coming months, as she's going to be wanting to crawl, and talk, and maybe sign......

Love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home