Monday, October 10, 2005

House update

Below is a rough drawing of some of the renovations being done at the house. Steve and his parent's have been over there day and night this last week, as it needed more work than we first anticipated just to move our little family into it. This works out great in the end, because everything will be pretty for me when I get there. I have been sick as a dog, and with the bab, not much help. However, Sabrina and I headed over for a couple of hours yesterday with a full carload of my scrapbooking stuff (I have a TON of stuff), and finished painting Morgan's room. This time it was Sabrina's turn to paint the cloudy ceiling. I painted the green around the bottom of the walls. I'll go in later to do the flowers. It was nice to feel like I was helping a little bit.

Steve and his parent's have ripped out a closet and the woodstove, and have been busy ripping out carpet, and touching up walls. Today they are painting the entire house, tomorrow they are focusing on laying Pergo in the dining/kitchen area, and Wednesday we are getting carpet installed. Then it's on to the big move. As we aren't being rushed out of the NE Nick house, we aren't in a frenzy, but we want to get out asap so that the Merritt's can get in. What a fiasco!

We spent $3000 at Lowe's last week, on carpet, pergo, lighting, paint, smoke detectors.... a kitchen stove... which would have been more fun had I been feeling better. If you are curious, the color of my main walls is called Pony Tail, made by Olympic. Morgan's walls are Belgian Waffle, and the master bedroom will be Light Sage, all by Olympic. I don't know if their website shows anything....

Anyway, we are busy. Busy, busy. But we are getting there!

2 Comments:

At October 10, 2005 11:36 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Had to do like Sabrina as I already got spammed.

 
At October 10, 2005 12:51 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Aahhh....this sucks. The troubles I must now go through in order to respond to blogs. But......I love it so much when they get updated, I will do it.

Sounds like your house will be further along than you originally thought when you move in. Any pictures???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home