Monday, July 18, 2005

Prineville Reservoir

Had a blast camping on Saturday night! Went to Prineville Reservoir with the Merritt's and Papa and Co. We borrowed a 3 person Sea Doo from a coworker, think we might buy it, and enjoyed our weekend on the reservoir.

We got up there and unloaded around 1pm on Saturday. Our first picnic spot wasn't ideal. It was the former boat ramp. But what do you expect, this isn't a natural lake. We were just limited because we wanted a lake that accepted water toys, and we needed two camping spots next to each other, and while I made reservations a month out, everything was booked, so I took what I could get. Next time we will plan better.

Anyway, we had a blast. Morgan was in the water and shoveling dirt the whole time, and Raegan was in a good mood too. The SeaDoo was a blast, and Matt, Steve, and Papa took it out, and with the three of them on it, were able to tow one of them on a tube fast enough to go too fast, and send Papa to the ER. He ended up with just a back contusion, so got doped up on Vicodin, but when they yarded him out of the drink his life jacket was rolled up and wrapped around his neck, and his back took a beating, and once he got on shore he had the shakes pretty bad and would get shooting pains down his hands, so it was a precautionary measure to send him in and make sure he was okay. After all, he is 55!

Anyway, the SeaDoo has a lot of power, and was fun. Camping was fun except for the group that came in at 11pm and started slamming doors, which caused Morgan to wake up and start screaming for an hour. She has never screamed louder, so that was a lot of fun. My girl was so tired that she was crying with her eyes closed, but I couldn't settle her down. I started talking to her to get her to wake up, so that I could settle her down, and she started asking for Poon (Cooper) so we had to go outside and look at him in the backseat of the truck, and that resulted in a 20 minute stroll around the campground with no flashlight. I could somewhat make out the road, but then I freaked myself out that there might be a bear or a big cat lurking and I couldn't even see it, so we stuck close to our camp. Anyway, she eventually went back to sleep, but Saturday morning I was pretty pooped.

We got a great picnic area for Saturday and pretty much had a beach to ourselves. Morgan found this even more fun, as did the dog. We set up the easy-up shelter, and vegged. Papa was feeling sore but better. He forgot to tell his lady love, Cynthia, that we were going to the lake, so neither of them brought swimsuits. They just sunbathed. Alexsandra was in the water the whole time, as was Morgan again. I would put them both in the tube (it has the solid bottom so that Morgan could just stand in the middle), and I'd push them out and then pull them in. We did that for a long time.

Anyway, we had a fabulous time and were completely wiped out by the time we came home. It was in the 90's the whole time. Fabulous weather, and no mosquitos!

Speaking of Cynthia.... She was a really nice lady, and she and Papa seem to really enjoy each other. She has an arm-wrestling handshake, but other than that, no complaints. He seemed to be happy.

9 Comments:

At July 18, 2005 2:04 PM, Blogger alyca said...

sounds like a good time....we are trying to get together a camping trip for labor day weekend (at least saturday and sunday nights) down that way. Sabrina and I are looking up places that take reservations......any suggestions??

 
At July 18, 2005 2:13 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

You are probably booking too close to get anything good like Suttle Lake. That's a popular weekend to camp.

Have a good time! The Fiero's won't be around that weekend.

 
At July 19, 2005 7:31 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

AWWW Bummer Davinie! You guys heading over to Wyoming?
Yes, camping was fun. I had a GREAT time! And Raegan was pretty well behaved... SURPRISE!

 
At July 19, 2005 8:31 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

I'm so glad you included me in your plans. I see things were changed because Sabrina was in a wedding, but nobody bothered to ask me if I had something going on Labor Day weekend, my anniversary weekend.

There's a chance we'll be around, I guess Steve was thinking we'd head to Wyoming later in the week, but we need to sit down with a calendar.

 
At July 19, 2005 1:24 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Matt and I can go any other weekend then the first one next month... Yes, there are really limited places still available now!
SORRY! I wasn't even thinking that that was your annaversery weekend!! and your 5 year one, too!

 
At July 20, 2005 9:16 AM, Blogger alyca said...

whatever....just forget it. I am having issues getting the weekend off, anyway. Maybe next year.

 
At July 20, 2005 1:38 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Steve wants to leave for Wyoming on the 6th so that he can hunt antelope on Saturday the 10th. We can still camp! We aren't buying the SeaDoo, so if you just wanted to camp for the water toy, we won't have it. I am going to check out Suttle to see if they have anything available. Doubt it.....

 
At July 20, 2005 2:12 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Ahh, nevermind. Steve won't be able to take time off from work that weekend, and we have plans for the following week. We'll just go to the lake for the day or two.

 
At July 20, 2005 4:34 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

You decided against the SeaDoo, huh? you are just SO RESPONSABLE!! Darn you and your smart decision making skills!
No, it's good that you decided that way, I'm sure. More money for carpet and NICE bathroom fixtures in Casa De FIERO!
Bummer that we won't see you camping!! I was really hoping we could all get together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home