Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter

Happy Spring! Yesterday was Easter. We had this whole Easter brunch planned. The Hagan's were coming over with @11 month old Krysta, Sabrina and Matt were coming over with @6 month old Raegan, and we were going to have brunch. Marci was going to bring Cinnabuns, Sabrina, a big bowl of fruit, and Steve was going to whip up a famous egg... something. Then, at 12:30pm, we were going to go to a local easter egg hunt at a nearby church, followed by Easter photos. The little ones were going to put on Morgan's bunny costume for pictures in a basket. I even had space prepared for the pack-n-play for afternoon naps. It was going to be fun.

Then Steve came home from working 4 days, we haven't seen him since early Wednesday morning, sick. Steve doesn't get sick, so when he says he's sick, he's sick. I cancelled on everyone. He went to bed. We didn't really see him for the rest of the day. I was SO bummed. But like Marci said, we can have breakfast anytime. We'll just have to gather together soon for the kid photos. Still....

I was NOT going to let this interfere with the Easter Egg hunt. Morgan was a little bitty last year, so I was determined that this year, she attend. It was rainy and windy outside, so I dressed her in a long sleeve shirt and jeans, and she wore her adorable Easter dress over it. Then I finished it off with a nice sweater, and her famous pink hat with the fringe. I called Sabrina up, as I needed another pair of hands and a person to handle the camcorder, and we went anyway, even though it was drizzling, leaving Steve in his cocoon of blankets and the dog on the floor.

Kids were already "hunting" when we got there. Visible from the street was the 3-5 year old section, the 2-4 section, and the babies-2 year old section. However, we didn't see the sign, just saw the madness of the kids hoovering the piles of eggs. Because of the weather, they had literally been dumped in this roped off area. The first section we came to happened to be for the eldest kids, but we just wanted a chance to snag an egg before they were all gone, so we weren't paying attention.

Morgan didn't care about the eggs. Actually, I have decided she's going to be a doctor, because she didn't care about the whole eggs. My little lambchop would head straight for the egg bits, the little halfshell laying all alone off to the side, it's bigger half and the candy that was inside somewhere else, perhaps in the bottom of an easter basket. She'd pick up the discarded little body, and study it closely, and then move on to another. It was actually somewhat funny.

Eventually I got her to the right section, where I saw that some children couldn't even walk, and I am certainly glad I did. There was a clown there who didn't scare her at all. They looked at each other for a little while, and then Morgan moved on. She was thoroughly fascinated by this particular families basket, practically laundry sized, FULL of eggs. They didn't have a problem hoarding the loot. But Morgan wasn't having it. She wanted one from the middle. I had to drag her away. She didn't think our small Easter bucket was particularly interesting, apparently. And I was just trying to get pictures.

I was saved from that task when a man with a long zoom lens approached me and asked if I'd mind if he took some pictures of my little lass. He just happened to be a photographer from the Redmond Spokesman. I almost fell over with glee, and promptly begged that he "please put her picture in the paper!" It was the darn hat. That hat gets them every time. And I almost picked another because I wanted to try something different, but it was the only one she had that had adequate ear coverage from the wind! Boy am I glad I did that! He later said he took 6 good ones of her, took her name and age, and was off. We'll find out on Wednesday if she's made her modeling debut. She did look rather cute in her getup, if I do say so myself.

That Easter Egg hunt saved my Easter, and I have no regrets. As Marci said, we can have breakfast anytime. I do feel bad because Sabrina had purchased these adorable rabbits for both Morgan and Krysta, and also had a huge bowl of fruit that she will have trouble eating. Apparently Matt doesn't eat much besides chips, which may account for his poor health. And, the Merritts haven't celebrated a holiday in many a moon, and were really looking forward to coming over, as I was to have them. I'll have to snag some of that fruit....

:)

P.S. Pictures when they've developed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home