Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Contending

I just found out that the Contender, the highest costing reality show ever, was only number 3 in it's time slot last night. Can't believe it.

I am a country bumpkin housewife of sorts, mother of a small toddler, and I was succccckkked in like you can't believe. I think it was produced very well. They made you care about the fighter, so much so that when it came to the fight, I couldn't even breathe, I was so nervous for my guy. Peter. I couldn't stay up till 11 last night so I taped it, and when I watched it this morning I had to hush Morgan, because I couldn't bear to even pause the darn VCR. I thought it was very cool. But poor Peter lost. I can't believe it! Alfonso is 10-2, and Peter was 21-0! I don't think he has to worry about his future, though. If he was fighting nearby, I'd even consider purchasing a ticket to watch, and I don't like boxing!

Signed

Reality Show junkie

4 Comments:

At March 08, 2005 8:47 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

wow, I haven't even heard of it!! Shall I start watching?

 
At March 09, 2005 7:36 AM, Blogger alyca said...

interesting. I was talking to Jobie the other day about boxing. Sounds like he is really into it, or trying to get back into it, like in a boxing gym. Don't know if I would want to watch that. That's my baby brother!

 
At March 09, 2005 7:43 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

This show is actually really great. It has Sylvester Stallone and Sugar Ray Leonard, hence the high budget, but what's also neat is that all of the guys are in the same weight bracket, and actually do fight each other in real life. My guy Peter was ranked 3rd in the world. So it isn't just a matter of audition tapes for guys who'd like to box. This is a show about real, scarred, determined guys who are trying to make a living. I think Grandjack might even like it. It's on again on Thursday after the Apprentice, produced by Mark Burnett (Apprentice/Survivor) and will be on regularly on Sunday nights at 8. I'll have to let Grammie know. I am a fan. An odd fan, but a fan nonetheless.

 
At March 10, 2005 1:46 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Hay, it's on again tonite....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home