Thursday, March 03, 2005

The big greeeeen giant

Is it wrong to be completely jealous of someone else's life? To wish that you were doing what someone else was doing, or that you had what someone else had? Don't get me wrong, I love my life. But sometimes I wonder if, rather than a country girl, I should have been a city girl? I don't mind the urban environment, I don't mind walking everywhere, wished we lived where I could go to the market with the stroller, but most of all, I'd love to be a world traveler.

Mom went to Crane last weekend to visit Zoe, and stayed with Cathy. While there, Cathy got a phone call from Amy. Apparently her husband Matt designed, 0r had something to do with a computer program, and has to go to Paris to a convention, class, or something. And Amy just HAS to go with him. I am seeeething with jealousy.

Steve will never be taking fancy inventions to far away lands for me to visit. In fact, he doesn't appear to have much interest in visiting European countries, although he would go if I wanted to. He would just never approach ME with the idea. I am not saying we won't travel, or that he doesn't want to. No, that's not true at all. We definitely have plans. Right now, however, we have a 13 month old, are contemplating new housing, planning for a sibling, I am trying to fit in 32 hours of work at home so that I can be a stay-at-home mom, which is definitely a priority and one that I am so proud to be able to fulfill, we are paying for an expensive car that will be solely ours in a few months, and just..... busy. But I do have the travel bug, and will be happy to give in to the sickness when the opportunity is right.

Grandma Rufi who lives in Evanston Wyoming has not had the pleasure of meeting our little lambchop. She's in her mid '80's, and it takes her all day to wash and remake her bed, so the idea of a 14 hour car ride does not appeal to her to come in our direction. Therefore, we need to head in hers. Steve is hoping to time it right so that he can make another trip to the Fiero ranch in Lyman so that he can squeeze in another Antelope hunt. There are so many that it is only a 1/2 day event to get one, so that isn't a big deal. As he has been after me to schedule the trip where Morgan and I also attend, and with the news of Amy's exciting life, I felt, hey, why not take a few extra days from work, and see some of the American sights I have heard about but never had the chance to visit!

We are thinking to go several days early, and maybe see Yellowstone, and go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I have heard great things about both, but have yet to check them out. Now, I know, it ain't Paris, but it is something I have wanted to do. One more check mark on the places I want to see. Paris can wait a few years, until the kiddies are baked and bigger. So we are making that plan. I think we will go in September around Labor Day and our 5th wedding anniversary. Yes, 5! Married 5 and together for almost 10. Egads!

Anyway, on another note, we are off to the mortgage lender at 2pm today. She thinks she'll be able to get us approved for a construction loan. We are a little nervous, however, because we do have other debts that are strangling us a little, and, with the desire to also keep our current house, may be stretched a little thin for a while. No movies and big dinners and such. But we'll see. It will be nice to get pre-approved anyway. That way, if we find the lot, we can instantly jump on it. So, I will update when I know the details!

5 Comments:

At March 03, 2005 10:57 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Ahh Paris.... well, console yourself with the knowledge that supposedly the French are smelly. and have hairy armpits. Bake you another ballerina and go to France in a couple of years.. it will take that long for NAIR to make it's way over, so really it's a good thing!

 
At March 03, 2005 10:58 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Jealous? UM, no. not wrong....... or I'm going straight to Hell.

 
At March 03, 2005 10:59 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

HA! You are funny. You are right. I don't enjoy hairy armpits. I am thinking of getting mine lasered or something. There is never a need for hair there.

 
At March 03, 2005 11:47 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Yes, i agree. they begin to resemble pluked chickens after a while

 
At March 04, 2005 10:51 AM, Blogger alyca said...

with darker hair and pale skin, you can get the lasering. I went in for it a few years ago, but my hair is very light, blonde in color, and pretty much matches my skin, so they did it for free and I have no results. But both of you could do it.....so jealous. I HATE shaving. I hate doing anything that has to be repeated. I can do a wonderful job shaving, get every single hair, and then I wake up a day or two later, and have to do it all over again. Same thing with cutting my fingernails. I wish THEY could be lasered...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home