Saturday, September 30, 2006

My baby is 6 months

Why yes, it's another collage. Humor me, I find them entertaining to do..... And yes. I noticed that her hair was standing on end. But it was getting some static from her little bear friend. She's wobbly, so picture me, pushing her back, stepping back really quick to take a photo or two before she fell over, and then setting her up and pushing her back again. Yes. Static. Too bad she didn't cling! :)

My baby at 6 months. It's really weird, but I'm not ready for her to be 6 months. I keep holding on to her itty bitty clothes, because she's my baby and should be wearing them.... but she's a growing girl, and it's time for Mommy to let go of the baby stuff. I was folding away some clothes this evening, and already find it hard to believe she actually fit into some of those clothes... aahhh, they grow so fast, and even faster once you have more than one. You are too busy to notice like you did the first time. That makes me a little sad.

Sweet Payton is a Mommy's girl. She wants Mommy. She does the stranger thing a little bit.... and always finds comfort when Mom takes her away. Love that.

I was going to wait until 6 months to start giving her solid food, but back at about 5 months she started acting fiesty, and I don't have a pump and it was getting a little stressful for me on my one day in the office, to feed her, race to the office, work a few hours, and then race home... or stop at the grocery store and feel stressed the entire time that she needed me, and then race home and feed her again. This being my only break. So, I thought it was time to introduce her to solids, so that at least on that one day a week, I could eeeeease into the office, eeeease to the grocery store, and then eeeease home. Well, for several weeks, it didn't go so well. She didn't take to solids nearly as easily as Morgan did. She blows raspberry's, sticks out her tongue, and is all hands and feet when the spoon comes near. And then she'd cry halfway through her cereal and you'd have to stop.

After another week or two.... we came to the understanding.... that she DOESN'T like rice cereal. DUH! I don't either! So at 6 months we're finally able to give her some applesauce or banana baby food. Last night I tried to give her peas and her eyes watered and she gagged on it the whole time, so she's not ready for peas yet.

So, I'm trying to wean her a little bit. I'm only going to nurse up to a year anyway.... but with her wanting to eat every 3 hours, even now... Mommy starts to go a bit nutty with no time to myself.

My little roundbottom girl can't sit up on her own yet, much to her dismay. She uses her legs too much, in reaction to her surroundings, and knocks herself down every time. She does tummy time, and I'm starting to see her roll across the room a little bit, but there's no sitting. And she isn't necessarily rolling to get somewhere. She just might be playing with something, and rolls with it a bit, until she's over yonder.

Payton LOVES her big sister.... and just recently noticed the dog. Morgan comes in to greet her when she hears her wake up first thing in the morning.. and Miss PJ's eyes light up every time. She's a hair puller too, but I try to tell Morgan that she's just holding on tight because she loves her so much.

She's starting to babble, but there's no Mama yet. No consistent babble sound. I've started doing a little bit of sign language, but I need to work on it and make sure I do it more often.

We've been borrowing Sabrina's saucer, but Kael is ready for it so we need to head to the store and get Payton one of her own. She loves standing up in it and playing with the toys. We also need to get her a highchair. I don't know why we never got Morgan one.... but Payton is ready for one. I think one reason might be because Morgan sat at 5 months, so she was steady once it came time for solid foods. Payton isn't, so I need a chair with more support than Morgan's blue booster seat, now that she's an eater.

Miss Payton is still sleeping in the pack-n-play (and our BED!).... I haven't quite figured out how to make the transition into putting her with Morgan.... I want them both to sleep! I think I'll wait until she's sleeping through the night. The last thing I need is Miss Morgan waking up for the day any earlier than she currently does, because Payton woke up to eat. Morgan already bounds in and announces "I'M AWAKE", "TIME TO GET UP" at 6ish as it is. Eek. Not sure how this is going to go, but I am sad that she didn't get some sweet and girly nursery. At least I made her blankie, though!

So that's it. My babies are growing up, and I don't like it one bit. They are beautiful though, aren't they...... :)

2 Comments:

At October 01, 2006 12:06 AM, Blogger alyca said...

I never see resemblences in babies, kids, etc.....but she just looks SO much like you. Really. A lot.

 
At October 01, 2006 9:34 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

I'm not sure I see it. I only notice it when I compare our baby pics.... but I LOVE THAT. And we called it in advance, didn't we? This time around, I had Alyca and then Davinie. So funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home