Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Aaah!

The most terrifying thing just happened to me today!

Papa is getting married this weekend so Sabrina and I went by TJ Max to see if they had anything to wear…. I haven’t been there yet.

My sweet Morgan was being a MAJOR 2 YEAR OLD PILL, and wouldn’t hold my hand or stay with me, so I was holding her and pushing the cart out of the store at the same time. Now, I don’t know if I turned too sharply or what, but all the sudden, the carseat tips to the side and Payton DUMPED OUT of the cart…. The carseat landed on it’s top, PJ face down. I screamed and practically threw Morgan down, turned the seat over, and got her out. Now, the handle was down so it landed on that, rather than her little forehead, and she was strapped in, but it scared me to death! This sweet guy was in a truck right in front of us got out to make sure we were okay. This elderly couple walked by and they also stopped. I was horrified! I don’t know how that happened!

I called Steve so that he could tell me kids are rubber and that she’s fine….. and she’s acting normal now and didn’t bump any parts, but can you believe it!? That was so scary! I’ll always be afraid of the little carts now, because the carseats don’t latch on very well to the little carts.

AAAHH! But she's fine. We got home and apparently this little incident was all she needed to figure out how to roll back to front. She pinned her arm under herself, but back to front she can roll......

6 Comments:

At July 25, 2006 6:41 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Yeeesh........I would be totally freaked out.

 
At July 25, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

She is one tough little cookie! I SO see why there are so many 2 year olds "leashed" now! In fact, we may look into a backpack "leash" for the zoo trip..

 
At July 26, 2006 7:43 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

We'll have the double stroller + mom and dad at the zoo, so we don't need a harness. It wouldn't have helped yesterday either... because she probably would have sat down or something, and I'd have had to drag her out or something. Plus, at the zoo, it's all about her experience, so I am not worried about her at all. Yesterday, there was nothing to entertain her. Our other problem is that she didn't have lunch, and we shopped during nap time too. Deny my girl her food and her sleep and you get what we got. :)

 
At July 26, 2006 10:47 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I had a similar expierence when my older one was just over a year and we were shopping and he was standing in the cart. He tried to grab some clothes and tumbled right out of the cart onto the concerete floor. He cried and then was fine but I was absolutely devestated. I had managers and employees coming up to me asking if everything's okay, they had to take my name and address and then that following Monday the head CEO called me to see if everything was still okay. I think they thought I might sue them or something but I felt so bad! It's amazing how kids aren't affected by things that we think would be traumatizing to them! But glad to hear she's okay :-)

 
At July 26, 2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Rae is so BUSY and I don't want to have to restrain her by holding her at the zoo.. there is so much to see! Not sure about the backpack, but with that at least in the crouds she could wiggle her little body to the front of things to see and we still have a "hold" on her...

 
At July 26, 2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

We've decided not to bring the double stroller..... we'll use an umbrella and the front pack. There's not enough room in the car, for one, with Alexsandra in the third row......... and you are right. Morgan will want to be up close and personal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home