Friday, June 30, 2006

Payton is 3 months.....

My sweet girl is 3 months today. Awww.... moving away from the newborn stage.... and infant now. A baby. MY baby....

A mommy's girl for sure. Morgan wanted her mama too, but she was more like "mom, get over here, stat" then the sweet "Mama, I love you so much I just want to beeeeeee with you" come hither looks I get from my sweet PJ. Her movements are still uncoordinated, yet if I try to entice her to a binkie as I put her in her bed, she gets her little arms wrapped around my wrist and holds on tight. She follows me around the room, she smiles for me.... she is just so sweet! It's amazing how much love I have for her..... and yet my sweet lamb Morgan can walk in the room, and I can look at her, and despite her terribles.... just want to gobble her up. I'm lucky to be their mama.

Payton went to the doctor on Thursday. She's 3 months today... but it was her 2 month appointment because her doctor has been out of the country. She got three booster shots, handled them as expected at the doctor's office, but was a little fussy and needy in the afternoon after the Tylenol wore off, just wanting mama to hold her. She was okay by the evening though.

I got out Morgan's baby book so I could compare stats. I think Payton is bigger than Morgan was, so wanted to check. Now, keep in mind, Morgan's stats are for an 8 week old, and Paytons are for a 13 week old:

Morgan: 11lb 8 oz. (75%)
Payton: 13lb 8 oz. (90%)

Morgan: 23" (90%)
Payton: 23 1/2" (75%)

Interesting..... now I did weigh Payton at the hospital when Kael was born, and she was about 13lb3 oz. then. That was at 10 weeks. So she hasn't gained a lot in 3 weeks, but it seems I've got me another Chumbelina!

PJ has herself a nice little bald spot on the back of her massive head of AUBURN hair..... is a very good eater and takes less than 10 minutes total....... sleeps through the night, even longer if it wasn't for her sister who's always up at 6:22am. Always. 6:22. Weird.

Hmm. I have all of the parts, but haven't gotten around to making her baby blanket yet. I'd better get on that! I love how much Morgan treasures her blankie. I hope Payton enjoys hers as much.

1 Comments:

At July 01, 2006 8:40 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

She is growing even faster then Morgan did! You'll have matching mice in the Nutcracker. That's great for those teen years when they can share all their clothes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home