Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Edited to say: TERRIBLE Toddlerdom

Random toddler stories....

The girls and I are at Walmart.... Morgan is walking with me, because there isn't any room for her in the cart when I have Payton in her carseat. Friendly girl that she is, she says hello to everyone we pass. As we pass the automotive department, she encounters two little old ladies walking near a little old man who's checking out batteries. She says hello, one of the ladies responds and starts to make conversation with her... and then Morgan says "I went Pouuup." The lady asks, "You went poop?" and Morgan responds with... "I went Pouuuup!" The little lady says "good job!" and then she and her elderly cohorts start laughing and commenting about how that's a good way to start the day.. etc. And yes, she did go poop. That's nice.

The other day at around 4pm, we heard Morgan's normal postnaptal cries. Steve went to get her out of her room, and then called me. I walked in, and there she was, pile of outgrown clothes on the floor, used as a footstool so that she could climb.... on TOP of her changing table that's in the closet. I think she napped up there!

Let's see.... yesterday I took a fabulous photo of my girls, and it's so adorable that it must be shared, so look for it in your mailbox. It makes me tear up every time I look at it, I think it's so sweet. Are there sweeter girls on the planet? Nope.


Fast forward to 7:44pm:

Egads! It's a good thing I took a fabulous photo yesterday, because at this point, my girls are driving me nuts! Miss Morgan has been a tornado..... playing with all her toys, all the clippies, allllll over the house to the point that I can't follow behind her fast enough, and she doesn't think it's her place to pick up after herself. Then there's nap time, and yes, she did it again, only this time she was standing rather than sitting, and grabbing all clothes from the hangers and tossing them. The difference is that I removed the outgrown clothes pile yesterday, so I don't know how she got up there.... there is the safety railing at the top, and how she didn't dump the whole thing over trying to lift a leg over it. Is she that fast? I guess so....

So, my girl never took a nap, and every time I went into her room to put her back to bed, another drawer of her dresser was emptied and strewn all over her mattress. She's like the princess and the pea... only instead of all the mattresses, it's mismatched socks from her sock box (yep, started one up), and it isn't a pea.... it's a bottle of pink milk, something she refuses to go to bed without.

So, she doesn't nap, so I fear that the afternoon will be a complete disaster and she'll spend the entire time crying, but she thankfully doesn't do that. She is pleasant enough despite the tornado droppings.... and then we get to dinner. Payton has still spent the day fussing unless I'm holding her, so I didn't go all gourmet on dinner. We had chicken nuggets and tater tots. And to be nice, I give her both ketchup and ranch dressing as dipping sauces. But does she dip her dinner? No. She dips her whole hand, smearing it up to her elbow like lotion. She KNOWS it's food. Or she has her hand in her water, trying to play with the ice. I give up, let her have her way, and then toss her in the tub.

AND THEN WHAT DOES SHE DO? With a large assortment of her bath toys in the tub with her..... SHE POOOOOOOOOPS! My 2 1/2 year old pooped in the tub! She did that 1 tiny time as an infant, and that's the last time that has happened! What is she doing! I made her get out and stand there while I tossed her toys to be bleached, and had to clean said tub. Then I tossed her in for a quick shower, and now she's in bed. However, at now 7:51.... I think I hear "bumps in the night" coming from her room, and honest to pete, I'm afraid to go in there, because I just might tie her up and toss her back into bed. How much do you want to bet she's on that changing table again? Or worse, figured out how to get to the top bunk? She got up at 6:22 this morning. When is she going to be tired? IIIIIII'm tired. I'll go to bed for her.

Ugh.

5 Comments:

At June 13, 2006 2:21 PM, Blogger alyca said...

HEY!!! I am going out of town and will not get the picture until I get home...Can I PLEASE get one emailed to me?? A tearing up picture MUST be seen before going on vacation, and not after. It's in the rule book

 
At June 13, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

oh alright.. but only because I think it's adorable and I have no self-congrol

 
At June 13, 2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

She did it again! Instead of napping, Morgan was standing on the changing table in her closet throwing organized clothing on hangers to the floor. ARRRRRGGGHH!

 
At June 13, 2006 7:25 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Well... at least now you know how much weight the table can hold....

Looking forward to checking the mail!!

 
At June 14, 2006 7:04 AM, Blogger alyca said...

You know....sometimes these stories make AWESOME birth control........then I see that cute picture, and think about all the adorable pictures I could take if kids lived at MY house 24/7 (and if they were MY kids), not that taking pictures is a good reason to have kids......but, you know...it is one of the bonuses!!


AND....Morgan will eventually climb up something and fall off and bonk her head or something else. It IS gonna happen. No stopping it, not a bunch you can do. She will be fine, and you will eventually be able to get her to understand that she should NOT be climbing things....or you could always put her in the crib and put a lid on it.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home