Tuesday, May 30, 2006

PJ is 2 months old







Well, time certainly flies, doesn't it? I've been housebound doing the same routine every day, and it still doesn't slow the passage of time.

Payton at 2 months. She is waking up now. Egads! She is most awake in the evenings after about 5, and after Morgan goes to bed, she likes having her parent's to herself, especially her mama, and wants to eat or be held until bedtime. When Steve is on shift she sleeps with me, because I can be right there to get her to sleep... and when she wakes up in the middle of the night, I can just drag her over to me. We go to sleep about 11, and she wakes up somewhere between 3 and 6 to eat again, so really, sleeps fairly well for 2 months.

She has a mild case of cradle cap, so always has a flake or 5 in her mass of auburn hair. She sometimes likes her bath, which we do every other day or three, depending.

I still haven't captured a great smile on film, but she occasionally does one. She's fairly vocal, actually. She is a loud eater, humming and slurping during the entire meal, and when she's happy she makes cute little coo noises as her face changes and her eyes light up.

When she's hungry she does as most newborns do, roots around, but we like to say she's giving us kisses, albeit somewhat vigorously. She is very cute when she does it, and it's interesting how the kisses change and the sounds she makes changes when Mom is holding her instead of her daddy.

Morgan loves her to death, and Payton likes to follow her with her eyes, so I am excited to see their interaction as they get older. They'll be such good friends!

I've got me another big girl. She's already getting little chubby legs, and she's starting to be too long for some of her clothes. She is 2 months old... but I'm not ready to look at the 3-6 month clothes yet. It's happening so fast!

I'll take some more pictures later today, if I remember, but I wanted to make sure I got at least one today with her bear.... who has yet to be named. She was napping, so I took advantage of the relaxed state and tossed her on my bed:









]









And now let's see how much she's grown since last month:



Hmmmmm...... Now let's compare to her newborn photo:

Egads! At first it looks like she's DOUBLED in size. But in the newborn pic she's facing out rather than to the side, so I guess she hasn't quite doubled in size.... but I bet she's over 10 pounds now. You know, they grow so fast..... at least MINE DO! :)


2 Comments:

At May 30, 2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Happy 2 months Payton!

 
At May 30, 2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Wow she looks like she's getting so big! Glad to hear everythings going well. It is absolutely amazing to watch your children interacting with eachother! You should check out my blog I put up a cute video of my boys together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home