Thursday, March 02, 2006

6 pounds

Went to the doctor today................... gained 6 POUNDS in TWO WEEKS! I am still measuring at 32 weeks and my ankle's aren't swollen or anything..... so maybe Sabrina and I drank from the same glass that day, as we are both due about the same time..... and seem to be experiencing similar symptoms. That said, the little one was napping at our appointment, and the heartrate was a low 120. That's the lowest it's ever been. Doc thinks it's a boy, but that's based solely on the fact that it was mellow the whole visit, and had a low heart rate, because apparently boys get lower than girls... but I guess we shall see!

Mother's intuition.... I have a feeling that I won't make it until the scheduled Cesarean. In fact, I'm being put on "forced naps", because I feel like I'm walking around in a constant state of braxton hicks. They want to ensure I get to 36 weeks, so I was told that I have to lay down and rest for at least an hour during Morgan's nap time, every day. As I feel like my bum is numb 24/7 from all the sitting I do, work, etc., I think that's silly, but want to make sure the little one is as far along as I can get so that it's as healthy/big as it needs to be to arrive safely, so I will do my best.

Anyway.... Alyca, I saw a different doc today, a new doc in the practice, and she seemed to think there would be no trouble getting you in the delivery room to take some pictures for me. I just don't think Steve can handle the camera! I told them you were a nurse and knew to stay out of the way, would have you sign whatever they wanted if they were worried about you taking particular photographs..... so we shall see. Doctor B had said definitely not with Morgan, but Doctor Dory acted like it was no big deal. However, she is new to the practice in Redmond, has only been here for 8 months, but came from Bend, where she practiced for more than 30 years.... so I'm not sure what's up with the difference in opinion there. Our RT had thought that there would be no way because of the camera, but Steve could have one if he wanted, we have never been told we couldn't bring one in the OR, so we shall see! I'd love to scrap those pages!

7 Comments:

At March 02, 2006 5:22 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

I LOVE Dory! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have arranged for as many as my appointments as possible to be with her.. but she is a Nurse Practitionar, not a doc.. right? Does she even get to be in the operating/delivery room? I ask because if I had a choice, I would LOVE to have her deliver Little Man! Isn't she NICE??!! She makes you feel ever so comfortable!
3 pounds a week... you got me beat! ;-) Almost done......

 
At March 02, 2006 5:39 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

No, I do think she's a doctor. Her partner at her practice in Bend retired, and at first she thought she could handle the building rental on her own, but eventually decided she couldn't. She came to Redmond for a slower pace. You could likely switch to her if you'd like. I liked her too, but with a Cesarean, Doctor B has gotta be there. He's wonderful.

 
At March 02, 2006 5:54 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

I may switch.. Ill check when I'm there on the 14th...

 
At March 02, 2006 6:01 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

I'm there on the 14th too! 3:15.

 
At March 02, 2006 7:10 PM, Blogger alyca said...

I will SO be in that room!! PLEASE LET ME COME IN!! I haev seen a C/S in real life before, so no surprises/freaking out for me, and I would LOVE to take those pictures for you!!!! (you might need to sign some sort of I won't sue paperwork, that is usually the concern--what if something goes wrong, and you have something on film, and it can get misconstrued)

 
At March 02, 2006 10:30 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Te Hee... 11:45 but preceded by ( another...) 1 hour glucose. With his heartrate up they want to make sure something hasn't changed.

 
At March 08, 2006 8:24 AM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Can I say that I am back to thinking this is a boy? I wonder if somewhere deep inside I know it's a boy? I have been scrapping boy layouts for Ebay lately, and I have never done that before! Speaking of which, my "Little Man" layout went for $34! Yippee! I sent a second chance offer to the next bidder for $33. That's awesome! I didn't spend that much money on paper! Forget my time. I enjoy the craft too much to care about that. I just need to get my supplies paid for so that Steve will continue to let me spend all our money at the scrapbook stores. Another boy layout in the works. This one will be called "Boys will be Boys" and has a plane, train, and automobile made from wood that I got from Michaels. I'm also going to do another "Sugar and Spice" layout. Anyway, I am very happy! I sold my moon layouts, made a few second chance offers, which were accepted, and even had a special request for one of each. I made a few bucks in the last two weeks! Yippee again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home