Friday, November 11, 2005

16 weeks!

How your baby's growing: At 4 1/2 inches long (head to bottom) and 3 1/2 ounces, your baby is about the size of an avocado. In the next three weeks, she'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, though, doubling her weight and adding inches to her length. Her lower limbs are much more developed now. Her head is more erect than it has been, and her eyes have moved toward the front of her head. Your baby's ears are close to their final position, too. Some of her more advanced body systems are working, including her circulatory system and urinary tract. Her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, circulating her total blood volume through her body many times. (By the end of your pregnancy, this will increase to about 190 quarts.) The patterning of her scalp has begun, though her hair isn't recognizable yet. Although closed, her eyes are moving (slowly), and she's even started growing toenails.



............ I can't seem to get the website I signed up on to send this info to me on the right day, so I have been waiting since Wednesday to update! I can't believe it's already 16 weeks! Time is flying so fast, and I am so grateful, because I can't wait to meet this little one! I am anxious to see who is right on the sex, mommy or daddy (I think daddy is just being a stinker, though!) I guess we each have a 50% chance! I don't really care who it is.... we are going to be soooo excited with whomever is chosen to join our little clan. Morgan is getting more maternal every day. I think she is going to make an awesome big sister.

I need to get to the NE Nick house and get my maternity clothes too! Unless I have been wearing them for a week straight, I'm starting to have a hard time wearing my clothes. I have to do the rubberband trick in order to keep my jeans together. I'm anxious to look pregnant to a stranger. Right now, it just feels like lunch. But I guess that's about to change in the next few weeks!

Well, it's Veteran's Day, so we are off to join the girls in Bend to go to the parade, and then we are doing lunch. Rylee's 2nd birthday party is tomorrow, so Morgan is going to have an action packed weekend with her girlfriends! Good for her.

Yesterday I finished planting 125 bulbs in the planter by my front door while Morgan and daddy played around the yard. She found a mud puddle, and proceeded to get filthy, but it was fun, because it's so awesome to now live in a place where she can explore like that. I'll never forget the picture in my mind as I walked around the corner and saw her holding her bucket of outdoor chalk, running after her daddy in these glittery white dress shoes she picked out to wear outside, while daddy was carrying some hose to put away in one of the sheds, Cooper not far behind. That's my family. My two favorite people in the whole wide world. And the dog. I'm lucky to have such precious angels.

Anyway, 16 weeks! Almost halfway to the new beginning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home