Saturday, July 30, 2005

Morgan at 18 months

Morgan went to her 18 month appointment on Thursday. I was dreading this one, because I knew she needed shots, and she's now at that age where she really is aware, and can say "NO"! She did great though. She got a DTP shot, and the dreaded chicken pox. The nurse pinned her legs down, I leaned over her chest, we talked about swimming, and for the first, she didn't even peep. She did cry for the pox shot, but only for a few seconds. She did great!

And, as expected, my little princess is a little amazon woman. She's over 100% for her weight, 31 pounds!, she's 90% for her height, 33 1/4 inches, and her head is at 95%. Dr Ernst had no complaints, she's very healthy, everything looks great, but I did ask for a prescription for a multivitamin, as she doesn't eat her veggies. Dr Ernst wasn't concerned about that either, as she does eat fruit. So, my girl is just big for her age, but she looks great.

I keep comparing Morgan to other kids, and I need to quit. Davinie as a little one was on the eensy teensy side, as are some of Morgan's friends. She just looks like a giant, because they are at both ends of the spectrum. But she's healthy, looks great, active, eats her fruit, has great teeth, beautiful eyes, a great smile, and a fun personality. No complaints here! Now you know why mama has some toned guns. I tote a 31 pound toddler! Could do it all day too.

5 Comments:

At July 30, 2005 1:02 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Yeah....I was not a HUGE child, but I remember being in like 2nd and 3rd grade and there were the little bitty girls that everyone thought were so cute and tiny, and I was always a bit left out of all that, being taller and not all scrawny. But....I LOVE being tall now. I wish I was a little bit taller. She will have a competitive edge in sports, should she choose to go that way. If she has any issues as she grows up, just send her up here sometime in the summer and her Aunt Alyca and Uncle Ethan will take her to a Storm game where she can see how awesome it can be to be blessed with height. Our favorite player is Lauren Jackson, and she is 6 feet 5 inches tall and weighs like 185 pounds. And she is awesome!!

 
At July 30, 2005 7:58 PM, Blogger alyca said...

Have they made any projections on how tall she will be?? I know some people who have had this told to them by their MD based on some wrist or some other measurements? Totally curious. Ethan says Steve's dad is sorta tall....6'3ish??

 
At July 30, 2005 8:20 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

I'm betting she is jut doing a lot of her growing early on. Thinking maybe, 1st grade... she'll just stop growing for a bit and the others will all catch up. I think she's perfect. And if she is just a taller gal... ballerinas are tall, Davinie.. Got to start those ballet classes!

 
At July 30, 2005 9:06 PM, Blogger Davinie Fiero said...

Steve's 6'2" and his dad is about the same. I'm not worried. She'll plateau soon. She really had a growth spurt between 12-18 months, though. Gained 7 pounds and 3 1/4 inches in height.

 
At July 31, 2005 9:05 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Yes, tough mama... lucky me that raegan is growing slower... I'm on the puny side....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home